I’m making these oak end tables as a housewarming gift for a friend in Maine. They are out of oak with tapered legs and a drawer. One of them with a lock. I started by cutting up some 8/4 for the legs and tapering them from the outside. I just like the way it looks and is still verry stable. Then i cut up some 4/4 for the rest. The majority of the construction is mortise and tennon with the exception being the dovetailed top stretcher in the front. After fine tuning and dry fit they got glued up and clamped. Then after some cleaning up I applied a coat of oil where they sit waiting for me to get back to the shop to make drawers and the tops.
- Firing up the smoker for my first attempt at ribs... Wish me luck. Lets hope I don't end up with 6 racks of dog food 1 day ago
- Off to a book signing. Never been to one before. amzn.to/103evo3 1 day ago
- Wife's cousin put out his first book, he's a great guy with great stories I can't wait to read it. Check it out amzn.to/103evo3 4 days ago
- Hot tub is heating up another Harley was delivered for a little love and my neighbors went to the hospital to have some kids Good day so far 1 week ago
- Rolled out the bikes and wiring the hot tub. Maybe filling in 2 hrs. How long will this take to heat up? 1 week ago